Senior Blog


  

SENIOR YEAR 



This year was full of many unfortunate and tragic things. However it was certainly not a horrible senior year. Looking back I can say Ive had a lot of super fun memories this year both in and out of school.

One of the super fun things I remember doing early on in the year was going to Mrs. McCabes home economics class. We would always have so much fun while working on our projects and making pants. And though Covid was still at large and pretty scary we had a great time lightening the mood.  

With Covid still at large the school was on edge. The worst had happened and precautionary measures had  kicked in and the school was shut down. The switch to temporary online learning was terrible and we would have to cancel the winter concert we hard worked for. Online learning was ok and the teachers were amazing.
With Christmas over and school coming back we prepared for the Spring concert which was set to happen live. AND IT DID !!!
In the mean time between the Winter and the Spring concert there was college visits. Applying was defiantly stressful and new. But before I knew it there were acceptance letter and emails in my inbox. And so I adventured on a journey to see where my best prospective school was. However not many school were open for tours and I only ended up going to two. 
Another exciting thing that is to come is to prom. I hope that it's good despite the restriction. and since I have already picked out my outfit and am set to go. 


With the end of senior year coming and the impending doom of college and all the new work we are going to have I'm definitely sad to part with all the friends I have. This new chapter in life isn't not exciting but I wish my last one could last a little longer. But in the words of Tony Stark "Part of the journey is the end".  The only important part is that I was able to spend the journey with amazing people, and learn and grow with them making great memories. 




Word count= 363




Comments

  1. I remember you having a hard time telling Ms. Miller, that you won’t be able to play your instrument for the concert because you hurt one of your fingers, and then your face said it all when you found out you had to be at the concert and actually have to play them. But I'm glad you put your effort throughout the concert and had a great time with the other kids. It was nice to see how you were getting ready for college while also trying to make more fun memories at school. I also feel that when I leave, I will miss this senior year very much. I wish you the best of luck on your next journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this so much, especially the Tony Stark quote. Even though this year was weird and not perfect, we still got a prom, concert, and in-person classes, not many kids can say that. We've had a lot of great times here, not just within the last year, but over our entire time of being at SCS. it's kind of strange to finally be leaving a place we've both grown up in, but I know that you're going to succeed and do amazing things at UB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved how your blog shared many memories of our senior. It made me remember all the fun times I've had at this school. Congrats on getting accepted too colleges! I hope the next journey in your life is exciting you have a great time in college.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved this blog because it showed me that the same reasons you enjoyed your school year is the same as mine. I know in Home Economics, we definitely grew closer together and I was surprised to see myself in this blog. I learned through your blog that the school concerts mean a lot more to you than I had originally thought it did. I am so happy that the concert happened and I am so proud of you because you did so well in it. Your positive spirit emulated in this blog and I hope you can continue to have this positive perspective on things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Faith?